Share This On:
PRESS RELEASE – Tuesday, June 14, 2016 – For the United Workers Party, last Sunday’s victory rally was an historic celebration of joy and gratitude.
Thousands of members, supporters and well wishers journeyed across the island to Micoud to receive thanks from their candidates, as the UWP brought the curtain down on the 2016 election campaign.
After what has been a heated political season, the United Workers Party is thankful that our message was embraced by so many Saint Lucians.
We look forward to working with all Saint Lucians to bring about the change that so many of you told us you desired.
The United Workers ran because we care about the nation, the working class, the poor, the vulnerable and the forgotten. Our message has always been about working for the people and helping everyone of this nation.
We now have a huge responsibility ahead. Our job is not done. Our job has just begun, with thousands waiting for our policies and programmes to come on stream.
When a country votes for healthcare for every man, woman and child, for employment, for empowerment, for education and for a better economy, it signals that a political sea change has occurred.
We look forward to making a decisive difference in the lives of all Saint Lucians.
The newly elected Parliamentary Representatives will be sworn in today, Tuesday 14th June, 2016 in Vieux Fort at the Philip Marcellin Grounds at 4:30 p.m.
At today’s ceremony Cabinet portfolios will be announced to officially commence ministerial appointments.
- Loans and VAT on Saint Lucia Parliament sitting agenda
- Saint Lucia and Republic of Kosovo sign visa waiver agreement
- Justin Trudeau and Allen Chastanet discuss COVID-19
- SLP calls for collaboration to reverse ECCAA downgrade
- UWP commends Saint Lucia government for delivering
- Labour Day address to the nation by Hon Stephenson King
- May Day address by Leader of the Opposition’s Hon Philip J. Pierre
- Sitting of the House of Assembly scheduled for Wednesday
- New challenges: New opportunities to continue to build a stronger Saint Lucia together