The opposition United Workers Party (UWP) has revealed plans to name four additional candidates on Sunday, who will contest the next general election on their behalf.
General Secretary of the UWP, Oswald Augustin, said recently that his party will confirm candidates for: Castries East, Dennery North, Vieux Fort North and Choiseul/Saltibus.
The UWP has endorsed 11 out of 17 candidates so far.
Despite our previous report, former Prime Minister and the incumbent Member of Parliament (MP) for Castries North Stephenson King has already been endorsed to contest that seat again.
Former Permanent Secretary in the Ministry of Youth Development and Sports, Cathelina Fortuna Belrose, is one of the four persons to be confirmed Sunday. She will be contesting Castries East.
Here is a list of candidates that have been confirmed:
- Allen Chastanet – Micoud South
- Gale Rigobert – Micoud North
- Stephenson King – Castries North
- Guy Joseph – Castries South East
- Lenard ‘Spider’ Montoute – Gros Islet
- Ezechiel Joseph – Babonneau
- Edmund Estephane – Dennery South
- Ulric Mondesir – Vieux Fort South
- Mary Isaac – Castries South
- Peterson Francis – Castries Central
- Fransico Jn Pierre – Laborie
- Dominic Fedee – Anse La Raye/Canaries
- Herod Stanislaus – Soufriere/Fond St. Jacques