Share This On:
PRESS RELEASE – Political Leader of the United Workers Party (UWP), Allen Chastanet, joins with other political leaders and heads of Government of sister parties from around the world for a two day conference of the International Democrat Union (IDU).
This year’s political leaders’ meeting (PLM) will take place in Seoul, South Korea, from November 19-21.
Mr. Chastanet’s participation is particularly important because the United Workers party (UWP) has been recommended for membership.
When ratified the UWP will be elevated from Observer status to full membership after signing the IDU Declaration of Principles.
The UWP has had a long and fruitful relationship with the IDU and continues to benefit from knowledge exchanges and sharing of best practice From sister political parties that embrace common political philosophies.
Immediately following the 2 day meeting Mr. Chastanet will be among an IDU team who will observe the municipal elections in the Republic of China (Taiwan).
More Politics Stories
- UWP Government deprives 8000 young St Lucians of laptops – SLP February 18, 2020
- Ministers welcome Youth Parliamentarians at Monday’s Cabinet meeting February 18, 2020
- Mary Isaac under fire for statements made on death of former councilman February 11, 2020
- Mayor to Cannabis Movement: “I am on board!” February 10, 2020
- SLP calls for results of gov’t investigations February 6, 2020
- SLP salutes Neville Skeete – An amazing human being February 6, 2020
- Vieux Fort South MP gives WASCO the cold shoulder January 30, 2020