Share This On:
PRESS RELEASE – Political Leader of the United Workers Party (UWP), Allen Chastanet, joins with other political leaders and heads of Government of sister parties from around the world for a two day conference of the International Democrat Union (IDU).
This year’s political leaders’ meeting (PLM) will take place in Seoul, South Korea, from November 19-21.
Mr. Chastanet’s participation is particularly important because the United Workers party (UWP) has been recommended for membership.
When ratified the UWP will be elevated from Observer status to full membership after signing the IDU Declaration of Principles.
The UWP has had a long and fruitful relationship with the IDU and continues to benefit from knowledge exchanges and sharing of best practice From sister political parties that embrace common political philosophies.
Immediately following the 2 day meeting Mr. Chastanet will be among an IDU team who will observe the municipal elections in the Republic of China (Taiwan).
More Politics Stories
- PM Chastanent congratulates Taiwanese president on re-election January 13, 2020
- Prime Minister to deliver New Year’s Address this Sunday January 9, 2020
- Ministers attend first Cabinet meeting for 2020 January 7, 2020
- Saint Lucia’s debt worries opposition leader January 6, 2020
- “We must stand in solidarity” says SLP Women’s Organization January 4, 2020
- Former minister proposes “Eye Chart for all politicians in 2020” January 3, 2020