Share This On:
(PRESS RELEASE) — The United Workers Party (UWP) is deeply saddened by the shocking news of the shooting of Mr. Victor Maurice on Sunday at his home.
Mr. Maurice has been a loyal member of the United Workers Party for several years and from 2015 to 2016 served as chairperson of the Castries South Constituency Branch.
Mr. Maurice has always been a very jovial man and is known throughout Saint Lucia as he went from office to office daily selling his homemade healthy grains.
The United Workers Party calls for prayers for Mr. Maurice’s speedy recovery and our thoughts and prayers are with his family and friends during this difficult time.
We also join the call to all Saint Lucians who are able to donate blood on his behalf at Victoria Hospital.
- Prime Minister takes aim at US, UK financial regulations February 21, 2020 1:42 PM
- Family of Benignus Henry issue a plea for support February 21, 2020 12:30 PM
- PM Chastanet welcomes positive comments on CIP’s impact on economic performance of St Lucia and OECS February 21, 2020 9:22 AM
- Water safety during periods of water shortage February 20, 2020 3:34 PM
- 13-year-old reported missing; elderly citizen found February 20, 2020 10:54 AM
- Residents in the north of the island to experience further delays in accessing the water supply February 20, 2020 9:25 AM
- Taiwan Technical Mission assists banana farmers to secure regional markets February 20, 2020 9:06 AM
- St Lucia captures numerous accolades at 6th Annual Travvy Awards February 19, 2020 8:45 AM
- Department of Health and Wellness coronavirus review meeting February 18, 2020 2:55 PM