Share This On:
(PRESS RELEASE) — The United Workers Party (UWP) is deeply saddened by the shocking news of the shooting of Mr. Victor Maurice on Sunday at his home.
Mr. Maurice has been a loyal member of the United Workers Party for several years and from 2015 to 2016 served as chairperson of the Castries South Constituency Branch.
Mr. Maurice has always been a very jovial man and is known throughout Saint Lucia as he went from office to office daily selling his homemade healthy grains.
The United Workers Party calls for prayers for Mr. Maurice’s speedy recovery and our thoughts and prayers are with his family and friends during this difficult time.
We also join the call to all Saint Lucians who are able to donate blood on his behalf at Victoria Hospital.
- St Lucia captures numerous accolades at 27th Annual World Travel Awards January 22, 2020 11:25 AM
- Young Saint Lucian chef featured at restaurant in Taiwan January 22, 2020 8:28 AM
- Saint Lucia benefits from support to National Utilities Regulatory Commission January 21, 2020 3:52 PM
- Internal fault triggers system shut down January 21, 2020 11:23 AM
- Keymanie shines as repeat junior golf champ January 21, 2020 11:14 AM
- Prime Minister meets with Caribbean Development Bank January 20, 2020 2:41 PM
- Saint Lucia ends 40th year of Independence with over 400k stay-over arrivals January 20, 2020 11:51 AM
- Micoud South drainage contracts signed to alleviate flooding January 20, 2020 9:14 AM
- Canelles Resort Project begins January 17, 2020 2:52 PM