Share This On:
When the UWP predicted that the contract for preliminary works would be awarded to local contactor Rayneau Gajadha of RCI for an estimated amount of $28 million dollars, it was strongly denied by the Government of Saint Lucia.
The UWP has now been reliably informed that the contract has been awarded to Mr. Rayneau Gajadha of Rayneau Construction & Industrial Products as originally indicated.
The contract includes the Tarmac (Apron) extension, the Turning Bay expansion and the Control tower which were removed from the original Airport Development Project which includes the Terminal building, and place under the control of SLASPA, an agent of government for the purpose of a local bidding process.
The UWP remains concerned about the process under which these projects are awarded.
More Politics Stories
- Mary Isaac under fire for statements made on death of former councilman February 11, 2020
- Mayor to Cannabis Movement: “I am on board!” February 10, 2020
- SLP calls for results of gov’t investigations February 6, 2020
- SLP salutes Neville Skeete – An amazing human being February 6, 2020
- Vieux Fort South MP gives WASCO the cold shoulder January 30, 2020
- UWP: Will SLP leader investigate his two deputies? January 29, 2020