Share This On:
Political leader of the United Workers Party (UWP) Allen Chastanet has criticized Prime Minister Dr. Kenny Anthony’s New Year’s message which he said failed to address several key issues in Saint Lucia.
Chastanet said: “What struck me about the Prime Minister’s speech is not what he said, but what he did not say. There are clear omissions in his speech that would have reflected the reality of what’s on the ground.”
The political leader also noted that the Prime Minister did not speak to how he is going to address the unemployment issue in Saint Lucia, and other bread and butter issues affecting the citizenry.
He said the PM also failed to mention anything about the health care system, which is on the verge of a collapse.
“We have two health care systems that cannot open and he has made absolutely no comments about those two institutions and the quality of health care in Saint Lucia,” he remarked.
Chastanet said the UWP plans to critique the Prime Minister address and speak about these and other matters in the coming days.
More Politics Stories
- PM Chastanent congratulates Taiwanese president on re-election January 13, 2020
- Prime Minister to deliver New Year’s Address this Sunday January 9, 2020
- Ministers attend first Cabinet meeting for 2020 January 7, 2020
- Saint Lucia’s debt worries opposition leader January 6, 2020
- “We must stand in solidarity” says SLP Women’s Organization January 4, 2020
- Former minister proposes “Eye Chart for all politicians in 2020” January 3, 2020