Share This On:
(PRESS RELEASE) – The UWP in their Press Release attempted as usual to accuse the Saint Lucia Labour Party and its Leader Hon Philip J Pierre for what they call sabotage.
Here is a copy of the resolution tabled in Parliament and later withdrawn by the UWP at the Parliament Meeting of the 12th of September 2017. The resolution was under the Finance (Administration) Act – Resolution of Parliament to guarantee the financing of the Micoud Road Rehabilitation Project- Dugard to Desruisseaux Road Rehabilitation Works.
The resolution was circulated to members of Parliament on September 6th, 2017. This proves that the government agreed that the contract was indeed a loan and had to be tabled and passed in Parliament in accordance to the Finance (Administration) Act.
All what the September 17th 2018 letter from the Leader of the Opposition Hon Philip J Pierre was saying is to bring back the resolution to Parliament for discussion and approval.
- Prime Minister takes aim at US, UK financial regulations February 21, 2020 1:42 PM
- Family of Benignus Henry issue a plea for support February 21, 2020 12:30 PM
- PM Chastanet welcomes positive comments on CIP’s impact on economic performance of St Lucia and OECS February 21, 2020 9:22 AM
- Water safety during periods of water shortage February 20, 2020 3:34 PM
- 13-year-old reported missing; elderly citizen found February 20, 2020 10:54 AM
- Residents in the north of the island to experience further delays in accessing the water supply February 20, 2020 9:25 AM
- Taiwan Technical Mission assists banana farmers to secure regional markets February 20, 2020 9:06 AM
- St Lucia captures numerous accolades at 6th Annual Travvy Awards February 19, 2020 8:45 AM
- Department of Health and Wellness coronavirus review meeting February 18, 2020 2:55 PM