Share This On:
A group of UWP supporters have started to campaign for the return of Rufus Bousquet as the UWP Choiseul/ Saltibus Member of Parliament (MP).
St. Lucia News Online (SNO) understands that supporters have already created an official Facebook page for Bousquet under the name: Rufus4Choiseul/Saltibus.
A source said, “The page was not created or suggested by Mr. Bousquet, but by the people who are trying to help the cause for a better Choiseul.”
According to information received by SNO, a number of persons within the constituency are happy with his return to politics and election to the post of chairman of the UWP branch.
“People of Choiseul/Saltibus have indicated that they want Rufus Bousquet to be their representative for the upcoming elections and they believe they will win with him as candidate.”
However, in a recent interview with SNO, Bousquet said his responsibility at this time is not to promote or in any way advance any of his personal interests, when questioned about competing for the seat.
Bousquet said too that he plans to work with party leader Allen Chastanet, despite there have been reports in the past that suggests that he is unwilling to do so.
The former UWP minister won all 30 votes to be elected chairman of the UWP Choiseul/ Saltibus branch during an election for a new executive for the branch on Sunday.
More Politics Stories
- PM Chastanent congratulates Taiwanese president on re-election January 13, 2020
- Prime Minister to deliver New Year’s Address this Sunday January 9, 2020
- Ministers attend first Cabinet meeting for 2020 January 7, 2020
- Saint Lucia’s debt worries opposition leader January 6, 2020
- “We must stand in solidarity” says SLP Women’s Organization January 4, 2020
- Former minister proposes “Eye Chart for all politicians in 2020” January 3, 2020