Share This On:
The University of the West Indies (UWI) Seismic Research Centre in Trinidad and Tobago has confirmed that an earthquake was felt in Saint Lucia, Martinique and Dominica on Tuesday morning.
Most persons in Saint Lucia reported feeling the quake at about 3:17 a.m. The Centre said the quake occurred at 3:18 a.m.
No immediate reports of damages were received.
The UWI Seismic Research Centre said based on preliminary reports the magnitude of the earthquake is 4.9. This may change after further assessments.
The Centre further reported that the earthquake was located 14.98 north and 60.46 west with a depth of 18 kilometres.
The earthquake occurred 120km north east of Castries, Saint Lucia; 80km north east of Fort-de-France, Martinique; and 109 km east south east of Roseau, Dominica, the Centre stated.
- 6 a.m. June 5, 2020 Saint Lucia weather update
- 6 p.m. June 4, 2020 Saint Lucia weather update
- 12 noon June 4, 2020 Saint Lucia weather update
- 6 a.m. June 4, 2020 Saint Lucia weather update
- CCRIF Caribbean members renew disaster risk insurance policies
- 6 p.m. June 3, 2020 Saint Lucia weather report
- 12 noon June 3, 2020 Saint Lucia weather update
- Hurricane season: St. Lucian residents urged to ‘consistently’ follow weather reports
- Tropical Storm Cristobal threatens Louisiana landfall early next week; Texas not in the clear