Share This On:
(PRESS RELEASE) – It was indeed a joyful Sunday, on December 17th 2017 for the United Vision Youth Organization (UVYO) as they focused primarily on the distribution of over 50 food hampers to persons within the communities of North Castries through their recently completed “Christmas Hamper Donation”.
As the 2016 Community Achievement awardees, at the National Youth Awards ceremony, UVYO has pride itself on community development through active involvement in social, economic and cultural activities.
The Christmas Hamper Donation represents part of the group’s community caring initiative in restoring community togetherness as they visited the communities of La Clery, Sunbuilt, Morne Don, Bisee and Bois Patat and targeted persons who were less fortunate and the elderly. It was with much excitement and joyful tears for the recipients having receive the food hampers in astonishment just in time for the Christmas season.
The Parliamentary representative, Hon. Stephenson King with his contribution, also established a good rapport with the young people of Castries North and seeks to maintain great partnerships with them in future events and projects within the communities.
This would have never been achieved without the generosity and support of our valued sponsors and citizens who contributed in making this a success. A heartfelt thank you to everyone for their efforts and support, including the residents from Vigie, Renwick & Co, Mr Sedale Semei and Ms. Paula James.
The United Vision Youth Organization wishes the people of Saint Lucia a Merry Christmas and a Successful and Safe 2018!!
More General Stories
- SRDF honors centenarian January 23, 2020
- Funeral Service – Mr. Cassius “Cassie Boom” Glasgow January 23, 2020
- Young Saint Lucian chef featured at restaurant in Taiwan January 22, 2020
- DASH Independence Colour Run 2020 – Ready, set, go! January 17, 2020
- Book fair opens for Nobel Laureate Festival January 16, 2020
- Central Statistical Office commences mapping for 2020 census January 15, 2020
- PM Chastanet wishes Saint Lucians a prosperous new year January 2, 2020