Share This On:
(SKY NEWS) — A woman dreamt she had swallowed her engagement ring and when she woke up she realised she had.
Jenna Evans was on a high-speed train when she had a dream in which some “bad guys” were getting on and the best way to protect the 2.4 carat diamond ring was to gulp it down.
“I popped that sucker off, put it in my mouth and swallowed it with a glass of water,” Ms Evans said in a Facebook post.
Ms Evans, of San Diego, California, woke up and was relieved to realise it had been a bizarre dream – until she realised she was no longer wearing the ring.
She said: “When I woke up in the morning, there was no ring on my finger.
“I couldn’t help but laugh at it, and then I had to wake my fiance up and tell him that I had swallowed my engagement ring.”
Ms Evans,29, went to an urgent care clinic where doctors decided not to allow the ring to pass through naturally and referred her to a specialist.
An upper endoscopy was carried out, in which a small camera and device is inserted down the throat.
Ms Evans said she began to cry as she signed the forms for carrying out the procedure because she feared she might die and not live to marry her fiance Bobby Howell.
In her Facebook post, she wrote: “I waited a long time for that damn engagement ring and I WILL marry Bobby Howell DAMNIT.”
Doctors located the ring in Ms Evans’ intestines and Mr Howell presented her with it again.
Ms Evans wrote: “Bobby finally gave my ring back this morning – I promised not to swallow it again, we’re still getting married and all is right in the world.
“I’m so grateful that everybody can laugh about it, because it truly is a very funny story.”
The couple plan to get married in May 2020.
- Chinese nationals killed and burned in Zambia
- Joe Biden formally wins Democratic nomination to take on Trump
- Minneapolis Mayor Jacob Frey cries in front of George Floyd’s casket
- Cop comforts 5-y-o black girl after she asks if she’s going to be shot
- UPDATE: George Floyd tested positive for coronavirus in April, full autopsy reveals
- Snapchat stops promoting Donald Trump’s account
- Police plea for help as German suspect revealed in Madeleine McCann disappearance
- Russia: President Putin declares state of emergency after Arctic Circle oil spill
- Brazil looks to reopen despite record coronavirus deaths