Share This On:
(FOX NEWS) — A Kentucky man has been charged with murder for fatally punching his 1-month-old son in the head after becoming angry over losing a video game, authorities said Sunday.
Anthony Trice, 26, was watching the baby Friday when he grew enraged over losing the game, threw his controller and struck the infant in the head, the Louisville Metro Police Department said.
Trice tried to comfort the baby, carrying him into the kitchen, but dropped him, Louisville station WAVE-TV reported. He reportedly gave his son a bottle before he noticed the infant was in distress and called 911.
The baby was initially listed in serious condition at a hospital, but died of his injuries two days later, the station reported.
Trice was facing charges of criminal abuse first degree of a child, but the charges were upgraded to murder after the child died, WDRB-TV reported.
His bond was raised to $1,000,000 cash after a court appearance on Monday, WAVE reported.
More International News Stories
- Heartburn drug Zantac recalled over cancer-causing chemical October 19, 2019
- Woman wears all her clothes at airport to avoid excess baggage fees October 18, 2019
- US: Man, 94, killed wife in failed murder-suicide October 16, 2019
- New York cop kills himself inside his home October 16, 2019
- UK: Video shows students high-fiving after rape drunk woman October 16, 2019
- Newborn girl found buried alive in Indian cemetery October 15, 2019
- Neighbor of Atatiana Jefferson says he’s “devastated” October 15, 2019