Share This On:
(DAILY MAIL) — Deputies in Florida are searching for a man accused of raping a two-year-old girl and inflicting critical injuries on her.
Roberto Lopez, 40, a laborer from Immokalee with a history of violent offenses, is wanted on a charge of sexual battery on a victim under the age of 12.
The Collier County Sheriff’s Office is asking for the public’s help in tracking down the accused child rapist, labeled an ‘animal’ in a now-deleted Facebook post.
‘This guy is pure evil and does not need to be on our street,’ Sheriff Kevin Rambosk wrote on the social media page for the office.
Law enforcement officials have not revealed the circumstances of the assault on the child, only saying that rape has left the toddler in critical condition, reported ClickOrlando.
According to a ‘be on the lookout’ notice issued by the sheriff’s office, the 5-foot-7, 180-pound Lopez, who has been known to use nearly a dozen different aliases, is known to frequent bars in the North 2nd and Azteca area.
His last known place of residence was last known to be living at Tower Rentals in Immokalee.
Arrest records indicate that Lopez has been in and out of jail over the past 16 years on a variety of charges, including driving without a license, multiple DUIs, as well as battery, domestic violence and fraud.
- 5 dead in new Ebola outbreak in Congo
- Trump says he is mobilizing ‘heavily armed’ military to stop protests
- UPDATE: George Floyd death was ‘homicide’ caused by ‘neck compression’ — official autopsy
- George Floyd died of asphyxia, according to private post-mortem
- China and Iran criticise US over its racism problems
- George Floyd’s brother condemns violence, calls for peace
- South Africans cheer as alcohol goes back on sale
- George Floyd death: Widespread unrest as curfews defied across US
- What happened in the last moments of George Floyd’s life