Share This On:
(GIS) — The voluntary medical mission of the United States Naval Ship (USNS) Comfort will end operations in Saint Lucia today (October 1).
The medical team was expected to conduct approximately 100 onboard surgeries and provide basic medical services at the Owen King EU Hospital and the National Cultural Centre.
Commander Ryan Diebold of the US Navy said the objective of the humanitarian mission was to improve public health, strengthen security, and promote prosperity.
Mr. Felix St. Hill, permanent secretary in the Department of Health and Wellness, expressed gratitude to the government of the United States for the services rendered to the people of Saint Lucia.
The USNS’ voluntary medical mission to Saint Lucia commenced operations on September 25.
More Health Stories
- Doctors warn women not to use toothpaste to ‘tighten their vaginas’ October 12, 2019
- World Mental Health Day focuses on suicide prevention October 10, 2019
- Saint Lucia records increase in gastroenteritis cases September 30, 2019
- US hospital ship clinics temporarily suspended due to ‘sea wells’ September 29, 2019
- The USNS Comfort ‘hospital ship’ has arrived in Saint Lucia September 26, 2019