Share This On:
(ABC NEWS) — A South Carolina fisherman brought in quite the haul, but it wasn’t a bountiful of fish.
The fisherman hooked a bag off the coast and when he pulled it aboard, he discovered 30 to 50 kilos of cocaine worth nearly $1 million.
It was found about 70 miles southeast of Charleston.
When the fisherman realized what was in the bag, he immediately notified the Coast Guard.
Police, working with federal authorities, say they now know the source of the drugs.
The fisherman was praised by authorities for doing the right thing.
More International News Stories
- Nigeria is trying 47 men arrested in a hotel under its anti-gay laws December 12, 2019
- Santa hacker speaks to girl via smart camera December 12, 2019
- Chile missing plane: Human remains found, governor says December 12, 2019
- Saudi Aramco replaces Apple as world’s largest listed company December 12, 2019
- Chicago prosecutor to vacate 1,000 marijuana convictions December 12, 2019
- Sex criminal sentenced to life throws pitcher, hits judge in head December 12, 2019
- Pakistan protest: Patients die as lawyers ransack Lahore hospital December 12, 2019
- General election 2019: Voters head to polls across the UK December 12, 2019