Share This On:
(NEW YORK POST) — A Delaware daycare worker has been charged with murder after surveillance footage showed her covering a baby’s face for more than three minutes because she would not stop crying, according to police.
Dejoynay Ferguson, 19, allegedly put the lifeless four-month-old girl back in her crib last Thursday and waited 20-minutes before raising the alarm at the Little People Child Development Center in Bear.
The baby was raced to the Christiana Hospital but pronounced dead.
A review of surveillance footage showed Ferguson “placed her hands over the victim’s mouth and nose and intentionally restricted her breathing until she became unresponsive,” police said in a statement.
She had been wearing latex gloves and smothered the child for more than three minutes, according to court documents revealed by the Delaware News Journal.
Ferguson admitted to investigators that she had grabbed the child because she had become “fussy” and wouldn’t stop crying, according to the report.
She was charged with first-degree murder and held on $1 million cash bond.
The daycare’s license was suspended indefinitely, police said.
More International News Stories
- Trump’s lawyers: Abuse of power not a crime January 21, 2020
- Iranian lawmaker offers $3 million reward to ‘whoever kills Trump’ January 21, 2020
- Countries around world gear up response to new coronavirus January 21, 2020
- Fake German doctor who coaxed women to electrocute themselves jailed January 20, 2020
- Immune discovery ‘may treat all cancer’ January 20, 2020
- Elderly couple die on same day after spending 65 years together January 20, 2020