Share This On:
(CMC) — The United States Customs and Border Protection agency says officers arrested a Jamaican man at the Baltimore Washington International Thurgood Marshall Airport on a Palm Beach County, Florida, felony arrest warrant for sex offenses on a child.
On Wednesday, the agency said officers arrested Vivian Linton Vickers, 43, as soon as he deplaned from his flight from Montego Bay, Jamaica.
“Officers verified Vickers’ identity and turned him over to the US Marshals Service,” it said, adding that it “placed a detainer on Vickers to be returned to CBP to complete his admissions inspection upon adjudication of charges.”
Casey Durst, CBP’s director of the Baltimore, Maryland Field Office, said “allegations of sexual offenses committed against children are heinous.”
“Customs and Border Protection officers are pleased to work with our law enforcement partners to return an allegedly dangerous fugitive to justice,” he said.
“Arresting wanted fugitives at our nation’s ports of entry is one way in which CBP helps to keep our communities safe.”
CBP said officers in Miami connected Vickers to the outstanding arrest warrant and notified the US Marshals Service of Vickers’ pending arrival in Baltimore.
The agency said officers screen both foreign visitors and US citizens arriving and departing the United States for outstanding arrest warrants, narcotics, unreported currency, weapons, prohibited agriculture, and other illicit products “to assure that global tourism remains safe and strong.”
More International News Stories
- Nigeria is trying 47 men arrested in a hotel under its anti-gay laws December 12, 2019
- Santa hacker speaks to girl via smart camera December 12, 2019
- Chile missing plane: Human remains found, governor says December 12, 2019
- Saudi Aramco replaces Apple as world’s largest listed company December 12, 2019
- Chicago prosecutor to vacate 1,000 marijuana convictions December 12, 2019
- Sex criminal sentenced to life throws pitcher, hits judge in head December 12, 2019
- Pakistan protest: Patients die as lawyers ransack Lahore hospital December 12, 2019
- General election 2019: Voters head to polls across the UK December 12, 2019