Share This On:
PRESS RELEASE – A group of travel agents from North America and the United Kingdom visited Saint Lucia last week to experience first-hand the multiple award-winning Romance and Wedding Destination market.
About thirty-five travel agents were invited to Saint Lucia by the Saint Lucia Tourist Board (SLTB) to experience what was themed the “Romance Familiarization Tour of Saint Lucia 2016”.
Stretching from October 6 – 9, the tour included visits to hotels, sites, attractions and amenities which helped establish Saint Lucia’s reputation as a leading romance and wedding destination.
The travel agents also met with providers of the varied services associated with destination weddings from the producers of flowers and floral bouquets to those providing confectionary and wedding cakes, limousine service, horseback riding, wedding carriages and zip lining.
Director of Tourism Louis Lewis says the ‘recession-proof’ wedding industry continues to grow and consequently Saint Lucia is positioning to take advantage of the increased number of persons opting for destination weddings. Mr. Lewis says this familiarization visit was deliberately highlighting linkages that are critical to ensuring the tourism dollar filters to every sector of society. The beneficiaries range from musicians and singers who perform at weddings to fashion designers, interior decorators, photographers and farmers.
Linda Buchnam of TraveLBudi in New Hampshire has commended the Saint Lucia Tourist Board for the familiarization tour explaining that “If you do not see the product, it’s really hard to sell it”. She says you can go to the website for information, but the experience of actually visiting the destination, empowers travel agents to sell the destination more compellingly.
- UPDATED: Newly-wed US couple stranded in Saint Lucia
- Saint Lucia releases “It’s in our Nature” video — a message of solidarity and hope
- SLTA extends period of virtual service to the public
- Royalton Saint Lucia Resort & Spa awarded first Green Globe certification
- CTO Foundation invites application for 2020 scholarships
- Saint Lucia Tourism Authority virtually serving the public
- U.S. Virgin Islands enacts tourism restrictions to address COVID-19 pandemic
- BREAKING NEWS: Sandals closing March 30-May 15 to ‘safeguard guests and team members’