Share This On:
A man was fatally shot in Bois Patat, Castries earlier Tuesday night, April 3, 2018, according to law enforcement sources.
The victim has been identified as 31-year-old Kwame Rampersad of Bois Patat/Morne Du Don, Castries.
He sustained multiple gunshot wounds to his face and neck around 8:30 p.m., and was transported by ambulance to Victoria Hospital where he was pronounced dead.
St. Lucia News Online received photos of the alleged victim, lying on his side in bushes, with wounds to his neck and face.
Residents claimed to have heard up to a dozen gunshots in the community before the victim’s body was found.
A resident, who identified himself as a “friend” of the deceased, said Rampersad was apparently shot on his way home from work.
“Not too long ago he left work for home,” the friend said.
This is unofficially the sixth homicide for 2018.
This killing comes not too long after another young man’s life was cut short over the Easter weekend.
Miguel Geead, 24, was reportedly hanging with friends when he was attacked by a known assailant and stabbed multiple times in Garrand, Babonneau late Friday, March 30, 2018.
He succumbed to his injuries several hours later on Saturday, March 31 at Victoria Hospital.
A male suspect is in police custody.
Reports are that the deceased and the suspect have been feuding for years.
- Hurricane season: St. Lucian residents urged to ‘consistently’ follow weather reports
- BREAKING NEWS: Vieux Fort construction worker killed in freak accident
- SALCC teaches English to Cuban medical personnel
- George Floyd had ‘violent criminal history’ says Minneapolis police union chief
- West Indies name Test squad for proposed tour of England
- Daren Sammy and Chris Gayle speak out against racism
- VIDEO: Saint Lucia borders open June 4; visitors require COVID-19 test, quarantine
- Saint Lucia bankers announce ‘phased increase’ in opening hours
- Big changes coming at Digicel