Share This On:
A tropical storm watch is in effect for St. Lucia.
At 11:00 a.m. today, center of Tropical Storm Beryl is located near latitude 12.1 north, longitude 51.1 west or 679 miles or 1092 km east southeast of Saint Lucia.
The system is moving toward the west-northwest (295 degrees) near 14 mph or 22 km/h.
On this projected path, the center of the system is set to pass north of Saint Lucia near Martinique on late Sunday night.
A west-northwest motion with increased forward speed is expected during the next few days.
Maximum sustained winds are near 65 mph or 100 km/h with higher gusts.
Additional weakening is forecast during the next 48 hours.
Tropical-storm-force winds extend outward up to 35 miles (55 km) from the center.
Interests elsewhere in the Lesser Antilles should continue to monitor the progress of Beryl, as additional watches could be required for other islands later today.
- Two in custody in connection with Mon Repos businessman’s death November 12, 2019 11:08 AM
- Saint Lucia calls up UK-based goalkeeper Lamar Johnson November 12, 2019 10:46 AM
- Tourism ministry spearheads plan to ease traffic congestion in downtown Castries November 12, 2019 10:04 AM
- BREAKING NEWS: Mon Repos businessman succumbs to gunshot wound November 11, 2019 7:35 PM
- Former Saint Lucia top cop Vernon Francois talks about the launch of his digital books November 9, 2019 11:18 PM
- 76-year-old businessman shot in Mon Repos November 9, 2019 9:07 PM
- Gunmen attack, rob bar manager in Jetrine, Saltibus November 9, 2019 6:29 PM
- Entrepot, Sir Ira and Bocage secondary schools to remain closed on Monday November 9, 2019 5:55 PM
- Women who fought with Ciceron Secondary students speak out! November 9, 2019 5:28 PM