Share This On:
(SNO) – Minister in the Ministry of Finance, Senator Ubaldus Raymond, has said the two young women in the blackmail case have apologised to him and the matter is now closed.
Raymond made the disclosure on Monday morning, Oct. 8 when reporters questioned him about the case outside the High Court.
He said the case has “come to a conclusion” and he has accepted the “sincere” apologies of both women.
“They were very repentant in their apologies,” he said. “I do accept their apologies and I believe that forgiveness is always stronger than hate and revenge, and I have forgiven these two young ladies for their criminal act against myself and my family and of course the rest of the country, I would say.”
In 2017, the young women, Curshaby Alexander and Kershel Louis, who were both 18 at the time, were arrested on charges of blackmail (SEE STORY) in connection with the leaking of nude photos.
Despite calls for his resignation, Raymond stood his ground.
- Saint Lucian in Taiwan’s top TV singing contest November 19, 2019 8:06 AM
- Turmoil in Dominica as protesters and police clash (see video) November 19, 2019 7:55 AM
- Mayor Francis unhappy over disarmament of cop by bandits November 19, 2019 7:34 AM
- CSA happy over collective agreement with LUCELEC but … November 19, 2019 7:19 AM
- Saint Lucia Forensic Lab working to build public confidence, says director November 19, 2019 4:31 AM
- PM Chastanet promises super-rich Saint Lucia citizenship in three months November 18, 2019 11:55 AM
- Guy Joseph shoots down reports of complete St. Jude Hospital demolition November 18, 2019 10:26 AM
- Central Statistical Office launches Census 2020 recruitment drive November 18, 2019 12:16 AM
- Saint Lucia gov’t launches programme to boost local production of 7 key fruits, vegetables November 17, 2019 9:50 PM