Share This On:
SNO — Police are investigating a homicide in Marchand, Castries this morning, September 20, 2018.
Reports are that the body of a man was discovered in the Marchand market, which is located at the back entrance to the Marchand field. Police were reportedly summoned to the scene after 6 a.m.
The victim appears to have been shot in the head, according to reports.
A person who was at the scene told St. Lucia News Online that the man is a Rastafarian who appears to be about 40. The source said she knows him by the name “Hardy” and he lived in Sydney Lane, Marchand.
Our newsroom has since been able to confirm that the victim is one Hardy John, a security guard with the Castries Constituency Council (CCC), who, as the source accurately said, resided at Sydney Lane, Marchand.
Asked if anyone around saw the victim being shot, the source said: “No, but people said they heard one shot around 4. He was the security at the market. Seems he was asleep because he was covered with a bed sheet.”
According to our records, this is the 28th homicide for the year.
The previous homicides were the fatal shootings on Saturday, September 1 in Desrameaux, Gros Islet of 19-year-old Callis Benjamin and his cousin Rohan Louison, 13.
- St. Lucian neurosurgeon performs complex brain surgery at OKEU Hospital
- WHO calls on young people to join tobacco-free generation fight
- Choc Housing Development underway
- St. Lucia public officers called on to volunteer as trainers and facilitators
- Saint Lucia commemorates first Inter-American Day Against Terrorism
- Saint Lucia records 19th COVID-19 case
- UWP says Philip J Pierre proves once again he is not fit for leadership
- 92 depart Saint Lucia for employment in Canada’s Farm Worker Programme
- Saint Lucian authorities enforcing strict health protocols in schools