Share This On:
A 17-year-old girl has been charged for smuggling a cell phone into the Bordelais Correctional Facility and trying to pass it on to an inmate — her brother, police said.
Michealer Soumere of Bruceville, Vieux Fort was granted $1,000 bail or suitable surety when she appeared in court on Monday.
She was charged on Saturday for introducing a prohibited item into the prison.
The incident reportedly occurred last week while she was visiting her brother, accompanied by her mother.
- BREAKING NEWS: Fire at Voyager building in Castries November 21, 2019 1:59 PM
- BTC receives new laptops November 21, 2019 10:19 AM
- US representative to OAS says political situation in Dominica ‘worrisome’ November 21, 2019 8:29 AM
- OBE Award recipients get high praise from PM Chastanet November 20, 2019 4:00 PM
- Anse La Raye fire victim gets donation in rebuilding efforts November 20, 2019 2:52 PM
- Bishop of Roseau describes situation in Dominica after unrest as “sad” November 20, 2019 2:46 PM
- Sandals team members receive first class health care on the job November 20, 2019 12:12 PM
- Showers, isolated thunderstorms expected during the next 24 hours November 20, 2019 11:14 AM