Share This On:
The male suspect in the stabbing death of New Extension, Micoud resident Davidson Egarnes has been released from police custody pending further investigations, according to reliable sources.
Egarnes, 21, sustained a fatal stab wound around 10 p.m. on July 31, 2017 in the vicinity of the Micoud Playing Field.
Police said Egarnes was transported via ambulance to St. Jude Hospital where he succumbed due to his injuries on Tuesday, August 1.
A post mortem examination revealed that he died as a result of a stab wound to the abdomen.
It is alleged that the deceased and the suspect had a history of conflicts between them and that on the day of the incident the deceased attacked the suspect.
Sources say the suspect was released recently without charge.
This was the 33rd homicide for 2017.
- More St. Lucians return home Saturday
- Two males shot and chopped by gang in Soufriere
- United Workers Party marks fourth year in office: “As they talk, we work” (+video)
- No legs? No problem! – Jamaican Andrew Nelson making light work of life’s challenges
- St. Lucian neurosurgeon performs complex brain surgery at OKEU Hospital
- WHO calls on young people to join tobacco-free generation fight
- Choc Housing Development underway
- St. Lucia public officers called on to volunteer as trainers and facilitators
- Saint Lucia commemorates first Inter-American Day Against Terrorism