Share This On:
The male suspect in the stabbing death of New Extension, Micoud resident Davidson Egarnes has been released from police custody pending further investigations, according to reliable sources.
Egarnes, 21, sustained a fatal stab wound around 10 p.m. on July 31, 2017 in the vicinity of the Micoud Playing Field.
Police said Egarnes was transported via ambulance to St. Jude Hospital where he succumbed due to his injuries on Tuesday, August 1.
A post mortem examination revealed that he died as a result of a stab wound to the abdomen.
It is alleged that the deceased and the suspect had a history of conflicts between them and that on the day of the incident the deceased attacked the suspect.
Sources say the suspect was released recently without charge.
This was the 33rd homicide for 2017.
- BREAKING NEWS: Mon Repos businessman succumbs to gunshot wound November 11, 2019 7:35 PM
- Former Saint Lucia top cop Vernon Francois talks about the launch of his digital books November 9, 2019 11:18 PM
- 76-year-old businessman shot in Mon Repos November 9, 2019 9:07 PM
- Gunmen attack, rob bar manager in Jetrine, Saltibus November 9, 2019 6:29 PM
- Entrepot, Sir Ira and Bocage secondary schools to remain closed on Monday November 9, 2019 5:55 PM
- Women who fought with Ciceron Secondary students speak out! November 9, 2019 5:28 PM
- Fond Doux Plantation & Resort wins ‘America’s Most Eco-Friendly Hotel’ award November 9, 2019 1:45 PM
- VIDEO: Schoolgirls, two women fight at Castries fast food outlet November 9, 2019 1:17 PM
- Cow thief arrested by Anse La Raye police November 8, 2019 10:20 PM