Share This On:
(CMC) – The Trinidad and Tobago police say they are investigating the circumstances surrounding the deaths of two police officers in what they have described as a “suspected murder suicide incident” on Sunday.
In a statement, the police said they were called to an apartment in Champ Fleurs, east of here on Sunday after residents heard “sounds of explosions” coming from the apartment.
They said on arrival they discovered the bodies of Woman police Officer Raquel Kipps and Police Constable Michael Youksee on the floor in a bedroom with “appeared to be gunshot wounds to their heads”.
They said that while the police woman died at the scene, her male relative was taken to the Eric Williams Medical Sciences Complex where he succumbed to his injuries.
Police said they recovered one firearm from the scene and that the probe into the incident is being led by a senio5r police officer.
- Trinidad: Women detained after family chopping
- Trinidad Parliament dissolves in July: Rowley
- Trinidad: PM Rowley denies inviting Fuad Abu Bakr to join PNM
- Trinidad businesswoman missing
- Trinidad: One in five vehicles uninsured
- Trinidad resumes almost all economic activity
- Trinidad: Young mother killed in crash after “argument”
- Licensing officer deciding vehicles’ tint legality by race — Trinidad minister
- US says Trinidad violated Rio Treaty with visit of Venezuelan VP Delcy Rodriguez