Share This On:
Leandra Pierre, the 34-year-old mother of three who was charged for killing her children’s father, appeared in a First District Court for the first time on Thursday, April 13.
The 34-year-old was ordered remanded after she appeared for a bail hearing. She is scheduled to reappear in court on May 11, 2017.
Pierre, a resident of Goodlands, Castries, was charged for non-capital murder on Thursday.
She is accused of fatally stabbing 39-year-old Cletus Edward at a residence in Goodland on Sunday, April 9, around midday.
According to reports, the couple had a long history of private and public disputes.
Police said Edward sustained two stab wounds during a “physical altercation”. He was transported to Victoria Hospital via ambulance where he was pronounced dead.
A post mortem examination revealed that Edward died as a result of “cardiac tamponade secondary to stab wound to the chest”
This is the 20th homicide for 2017.
- Saint Lucia gov’t launches programme to boost local production of 7 key fruits, vegetables November 17, 2019 9:50 PM
- Fuel prices change November 17, 2019 7:00 PM
- Kindergarten registration takes on a new approach November 17, 2019 12:51 PM
- Two in custody in connection with Mon Repos businessman’s death November 12, 2019 11:08 AM
- Saint Lucia calls up UK-based goalkeeper Lamar Johnson November 12, 2019 10:46 AM
- Tourism ministry spearheads plan to ease traffic congestion in downtown Castries November 12, 2019 10:04 AM
- BREAKING NEWS: Mon Repos businessman succumbs to gunshot wound November 11, 2019 7:35 PM
- Former Saint Lucia top cop Vernon Francois talks about the launch of his digital books November 9, 2019 11:18 PM
- 76-year-old businessman shot in Mon Repos November 9, 2019 9:07 PM