Share This On:
(JAMAICA GLEANER) — The Police High Command is reporting that one of three attackers killed by a licensed firearm holder in Portmore was out on bail awaiting trial for murder.
He has been identified as Isha Tomelin, 30-year-old construction worker of Newland Road in Portmore, St Catherine.
The other deceased are 28-year-old Marvin McPherson of Old Harbour Bay, St Catherine, and Damian Noylon, 30, otherwise called ‘Joe’, of McArthur Avenue, Kingston 13.
The three men engaged a businessman in a shoot-out on Port Henderson Road on Wednesday night about 9:15. A Beretta 9mm pistol with nine rounds of ammunition was seized after the incident.
Reports are that the businessman had gone to a residence in the community of Bayside when he was attacked by the three men. He came under fire and shot and injured the assailants. The licensed firearm holder was also shot during the incident.
All four men were taken to hospital. The three attackers succumbed to their injuries.
The businessman is reported to be in stable condition in hospital.
Between 2016 and March 14, 2019, there have been 14 fatal shootings by licensed firearm holders.
This year has seen an increase over the previous years, with five shooting incidents so far. Three were reported in 2016, four in 2017, and two in 2018.
- Jamaica: Western high schools prepare for partial resumption of classes
- Jamaica: Mother and daughter killed 12 years apart
- Jamaica: Jodian Fearon funeral set for Saturday
- Jamaica: 15-year-old drowns during river trip
- Fewer Jamaican teachers died since schools were closed says JTA president
- Jamaica records 10th COVID-19 death
- Jamaica: Seven people in prison for over 40 years each without trial — INDECOM
- Jamaican teen suicide shocks family
- Jamaica: Woman says pastor set “bloodsucking demons” on her family