Share This On:
Police officials have confirmed that a Guardsman security guard who was fatally shot during an armed robbery at a gas station in Balata, Castries on Friday, Oct. 18, was a Jamaican national.
Police said the deceased, Paul Bruce, resided in La Clery, Castries but he was originally from Jamaica.
” R.I.P to this gentleman who migrated to St. Lucia for a better life and lost his,” a blogger commented on Facebook.
Bruce was on duty at the gas station when he was shot in the back of the head when armed individuals stormed the establishment around 4 p.m.
He was pronounced dead at a hospital.
According to reports, the culprits killed the Jamaican guard before robbing the gas station of an undisclosed amount of cash.
About three individuals carried out the attack and at least two were carrying firearms, reports indicated.
The security guard’s firearm was stolen, police said.
- Two in custody in connection with Mon Repos businessman’s death November 12, 2019 11:08 AM
- Saint Lucia calls up UK-based goalkeeper Lamar Johnson November 12, 2019 10:46 AM
- Tourism ministry spearheads plan to ease traffic congestion in downtown Castries November 12, 2019 10:04 AM
- BREAKING NEWS: Mon Repos businessman succumbs to gunshot wound November 11, 2019 7:35 PM
- Former Saint Lucia top cop Vernon Francois talks about the launch of his digital books November 9, 2019 11:18 PM
- 76-year-old businessman shot in Mon Repos November 9, 2019 9:07 PM
- Gunmen attack, rob bar manager in Jetrine, Saltibus November 9, 2019 6:29 PM
- Entrepot, Sir Ira and Bocage secondary schools to remain closed on Monday November 9, 2019 5:55 PM
- Women who fought with Ciceron Secondary students speak out! November 9, 2019 5:28 PM