Share This On:
Police officials have confirmed that a Guardsman security guard who was fatally shot during an armed robbery at a gas station in Balata, Castries on Friday, Oct. 18, was a Jamaican national.
Police said the deceased, Paul Bruce, resided in La Clery, Castries but he was originally from Jamaica.
” R.I.P to this gentleman who migrated to St. Lucia for a better life and lost his,” a blogger commented on Facebook.
Bruce was on duty at the gas station when he was shot in the back of the head when armed individuals stormed the establishment around 4 p.m.
He was pronounced dead at a hospital.
According to reports, the culprits killed the Jamaican guard before robbing the gas station of an undisclosed amount of cash.
About three individuals carried out the attack and at least two were carrying firearms, reports indicated.
The security guard’s firearm was stolen, police said.
- Department of Health and Wellness coronavirus review meeting February 18, 2020 2:55 PM
- 1st phase of Market Redevelopment Project almost ready February 18, 2020 10:39 AM
- UWP Government deprives 8000 young St Lucians of laptops – SLP February 18, 2020 9:09 AM
- Ministers welcome Youth Parliamentarians at Monday’s Cabinet meeting February 18, 2020 8:48 AM
- 16-year-old among victims of Dominica plane crash February 17, 2020 6:31 PM
- Three Saint Lucians attend World Summit 2020 in Korea February 17, 2020 2:08 PM
- Items found in sea as Dominica plane crash rescue mission continues February 17, 2020 10:37 AM
- BREAKING NEWS UPDATE: Reports of plane crash in Dominica February 16, 2020 8:28 PM
- Conservationists frown on illegal dumping practices near nature site February 14, 2020 2:25 PM