Share This On:
(SNO) – Police officials have confirmed that the elderly male suspect in custody is actually the husband of a British woman who was killed in Cap Estate, Gros Islet on Tuesday afternoon, June 13, 2018.
Anna Mitchell, who is believed to be 60+, died on the spot after sustaining serious head injuries and a stab wound. A source said her head was “bashed in”.
It is alleged that Mitchell was killed during a domestic dispute with her husband, who is reported to be in his late 70s.
Emergency officials were notified of a “head trauma” incident at 4:51 p.m.
This is the 16th homicide for the year.
The couple were known to rent apartments.
- Prime Minister takes aim at US, UK financial regulations February 21, 2020 1:42 PM
- Family of Benignus Henry issue a plea for support February 21, 2020 12:30 PM
- PM Chastanet welcomes positive comments on CIP’s impact on economic performance of St Lucia and OECS February 21, 2020 9:22 AM
- Water safety during periods of water shortage February 20, 2020 3:34 PM
- 13-year-old reported missing; elderly citizen found February 20, 2020 10:54 AM
- Residents in the north of the island to experience further delays in accessing the water supply February 20, 2020 9:25 AM
- Taiwan Technical Mission assists banana farmers to secure regional markets February 20, 2020 9:06 AM
- St Lucia captures numerous accolades at 6th Annual Travvy Awards February 19, 2020 8:45 AM
- Department of Health and Wellness coronavirus review meeting February 18, 2020 2:55 PM