UPDATE: House fire in La Croix Maingot

4
UPDATE: House fire in La Croix Maingot

A father and son are now homeless following a fire at their home in La Croix Maingot, Castries on Tuesday night (April 22, 2014).

According to fire officials, a 24×24 three-bedroom plywood structure and all its contents were totally destroyed in the blaze.

A fire service personnel said the house fire was reported to his department about 10:08 p.m.

No one was injured as the occupants had been able to flee the building sometime after the fire begun.

The fire has been presumed to be caused by a lit kitchen stove.

Morison Lynch had reportedly left a pan on the stove in the care of his son, Javon Leon, before falling asleep.  Leon also reportedly fell asleep thereafter, and Lynch woke up to the house in flames.

The value of the house and its contents has been estimated at approximately $100,000.

 

(0)(0)

No posts to display

4 COMMENTS

  1. Very unfortunate. But it could have been a lot worse. Thank God no lives were lost. A little bit more careful next time.

    (0)(0)

Comments are closed.