Share This On:
(SNO) – Saint Lucia Fire Service officials are investigating a fire that destroyed two house structures in Grand Riviere (Gros Islet) on Tuesday evening, June 26, 2018.
There were no immediate reports of injuries.
According to reports, one of the structures was wooden and the other was “partially concrete – a wall – and wood”.
Emergency services were alerted just after 8 p.m.
Gros Islet Fire Service responded and requested support from Castries.
The structures did not appear to have been occupied when the fire started, according to one resident.
The fire started in one of the structures and then spread to the other, the resident said.
The cause of the fire is not known.
More details later
- Voyager building entirely gutted by massive blaze says PM Chastanet November 22, 2019 9:38 AM
- Final phase of Sandals to Choc Road Widening Project November 22, 2019 7:12 AM
- BREAKING NEWS: Fire at Voyager building in Castries November 21, 2019 1:59 PM
- BTC receives new laptops November 21, 2019 10:19 AM
- US representative to OAS says political situation in Dominica ‘worrisome’ November 21, 2019 8:29 AM
- OBE Award recipients get high praise from PM Chastanet November 20, 2019 4:00 PM
- Anse La Raye fire victim gets donation in rebuilding efforts November 20, 2019 2:52 PM
- Bishop of Roseau describes situation in Dominica after unrest as “sad” November 20, 2019 2:46 PM