Share This On:
Police said 20-year-old Woman Police Constable 830 Vana Velia Sonson of Saltibus, Choiseul was today, Thursday, Dec. 20 charged for 21 counts of stealing between November 10 and December 14, 2012. She was arrested yesterday, Wednesday, Dec. 19 by officers of the Major Crimes Unit.
She received $8,500 bail when she appeared in the First District Court in Castries today, Thursday, Dec. 20.
The matter was adjourned to January 18, 2012.
Police said Sonson is a police officer of two years service within the Royal St. Lucia Police Force, and at the time of her arrest she was attached to SSU.
More Crime/Police Stories
- Two in custody in connection with Mon Repos businessman’s death November 12, 2019
- BREAKING NEWS: Mon Repos businessman succumbs to gunshot wound November 11, 2019
- 76-year-old businessman shot in Mon Repos November 9, 2019
- Gunmen attack, rob bar manager in Jetrine, Saltibus November 9, 2019
- Women who fought with Ciceron Secondary students speak out! November 9, 2019
- VIDEO: Schoolgirls, two women fight at Castries fast food outlet November 9, 2019
- Cow thief arrested by Anse La Raye police November 8, 2019
- Fisherman stabbed in Canaries November 8, 2019
- Elderly man beaten in Entrepot during home invasion November 7, 2019