Share This On:
(SNO) — Police said the dead body discovered at a residence in Piat, Grand Riviere, Gros Islet on Sunday, Jan. 13 has been identified as that of British national Robert ‘Bob’ Hathaway, and a homicide investigation is underway.
Hathaway, a businessman and longtime resident of Saint Lucia, was reportedly discovered around midday at his residence by a neighbour. He was 66 years old.
Blood was discovered at the scene, police said.
This is the first homicide for the year, police said.
According to his Facebook account, Hathaway is managing director of Marigot Sunshine Ltd. (Saint Lucia), studied engineering at University of Cambridge, and from Codford Saint Peter, Wiltshire, United Kingdom.
His Linkedin profile provided more information: marina and tourism consultant, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines; director of Marigot Sunshine Ltd since April 2014; marina manager, Glossy Bay Marina in Canouan from March 2017-Dec. 2017; director-allied sector, Saint Lucia Hotel and Tourism Association (SLHTA) from May 2015-Oct. 2015; director-yachting and marine sector, SLHTA, from Feb. 2009-June 2014; and marina manager, The Marina at Marigot Bay, Saint Lucia, from Oct. 2006-April 2014.
According to Linkedin, Hathaway worked for the Haringey Council in the UK a residential social worker (1974-1979); industrial relations advisor (1979-1984); and general manager-Public Works Department (1984-1989). He served as technical director for Victoria Yachts Limited in Hants, UK (1990-1999) and Northwind Yachts (2002-2003).
- Internal fault triggers system shut down January 21, 2020 11:23 AM
- Keymanie shines as repeat junior golf champ January 21, 2020 11:14 AM
- Prime Minister meets with Caribbean Development Bank January 20, 2020 2:41 PM
- Saint Lucia ends 40th year of Independence with over 400k stay-over arrivals January 20, 2020 11:51 AM
- Micoud South drainage contracts signed to alleviate flooding January 20, 2020 9:14 AM
- Canelles Resort Project begins January 17, 2020 2:52 PM
- St Lucia Jazz and St Lucia Summer Festival 2020 off to an exciting start January 17, 2020 10:00 AM
- Alert of “Assured” brand products January 16, 2020 3:20 PM