Share This On:
The special police constable who was injured in yesterday’s motor vehicle accident at the Castries waterfront has been identified as 34-year-old Martin Edward of Sarrot, according to law enforcement sources.
Edward fell off his motorcycle after his vehicle made contact with a car (PJ5240) which was being driven by a female, who sustained no injuries, according to sources.
Emergency services received the call at 2:50 p.m.
The officer sustained injuries to his head, right arm and a leg.
He was transported by ambulance to Victoria Hospital in stable condition.
Details of how the accident occurred were not immediately clear.
- DLP sweeps general election in Dominica December 6, 2019 9:12 PM
- Hallucine leads the ARC fleet into Saint Lucia December 6, 2019 3:56 PM
- Hilaire continues to sell out Saint Lucia – UWP December 6, 2019 12:52 PM
- Dominicans vote amid fears of violence December 6, 2019 9:50 AM
- Three officers injured in Salisbury operation in Dominica says police chief December 5, 2019 6:59 PM
- Dominican chastises regional leaders including PM Chastanet December 5, 2019 3:41 PM
- Traffic Delays along Castries/Gros Islet Highway December 5, 2019 1:45 PM
- Government moves to protect the pensions of Millennium Heights Employees December 5, 2019 8:52 AM
- Catholic church in Dominica condemns ‘disrespectful’ behavior towards senior clergymen December 5, 2019 6:37 AM