Share This On:
(BARBADOS TODAY) — An Englishman who spent a night on remand at HMP Dodds after pleading guilty to two criminal charges has been released.
When 44-year-old James Patrick O’Rouke, of Willehall, West Midlands, England reappeared before Magistrate Kristie Cuffy-Sargeant today he was reprimanded and discharged.
He pleaded guilty yesterday to unlawfully assaulting Charmaine Alleyne and resisting police constable Shaquille McClean in the execution of his duty on May 19.
According to the facts Alleyne was seated in the deli section of a service station located at Top Rock while O’Rouke was using the nearby ATM machine.
The two struck up a conversation and during that time the visitor reached over and placed $50 in her cleavage. She attempted to return it to him, but he refused and as he was leaving the establisment he slapped the woman on her buttocks
. The incident was reported to police who had arrived at the scene. The visitor resisted officer McClean as he was being placed under arrest.
- Forbes features St. Lucian CEO of biotech company on its 30 Under 30 2020 list December 11, 2019 11:37 AM
- Police investigate hanging death of prisoner December 10, 2019 11:14 AM
- Julien Alfred wins big at FastTrack Collegiate Opener December 10, 2019 10:44 AM
- Prime Minister assures former Majestic Industries workers that their request will be granted December 9, 2019 3:28 PM
- Cellma training at OKEU December 9, 2019 12:44 PM
- Jade Mountain food gets top French honors December 9, 2019 9:30 AM
- DLP sweeps general election in Dominica December 6, 2019 9:12 PM
- Hallucine leads the ARC fleet into Saint Lucia December 6, 2019 3:56 PM