Firefighters were on Friday, Nov. 10 unable to do much to quickly extinguish the fire that raged inside a Beausejour warehouse, due to the large amount of combustible materials that continued to spark.
They ensured the fire did not spread, however they had to allow sections of the warehouse to burn out the highly flammable contents.
Emergency officials received the report of the fire at 10:11 a.m. and units from the Gros Islet and Castries Fire Stations responded.
During that time, employees tried in vain to battle the blaze, which affected the building that houses a printing business. The other building which houses Island Style-Tile & Bath, Real Foods and International Suppliers was not affected.
The cause of the fire is not officially known, however reports are that the fire appeared to have started in the section of the warehouse where print material/jobs are stored.
Employees are reportedly concerned about their job security as a result of the fire.