Share This On:
(NEWS ROOM GUYANA) — A horrific accident at Friendship on the East Bank of Demerara (EBD) has claimed the life of five persons including a Presidential Guard, Ronnel Barker of Beterverwagting, East Coast Demerara (ECD).
Also dead are 60-year-old Herbert Josia and his wife 50-year-old Denise Josia of 105 Friendship Squatting Area, East Bank Demerara (EBD).
The couple was travelling in a ‘short-drop’ car #PPP515 on the East Bank public road when it collided with a police escort proceeding in the opposite direction.
Police Public Relations Officer, Superintendent Jairam Ramlakhan told the News Room that the names of two other persons are yet to be confirmed.
Among those who died is the driver of the motorcar who was pinned with half of his body protruding out of the windscreen.
- BTC receives new laptops November 21, 2019 10:19 AM
- US representative to OAS says political situation in Dominica ‘worrisome’ November 21, 2019 8:29 AM
- OBE Award recipients get high praise from PM Chastanet November 20, 2019 4:00 PM
- Anse La Raye fire victim gets donation in rebuilding efforts November 20, 2019 2:52 PM
- Bishop of Roseau describes situation in Dominica after unrest as “sad” November 20, 2019 2:46 PM
- Sandals team members receive first class health care on the job November 20, 2019 12:12 PM
- Showers, isolated thunderstorms expected during the next 24 hours November 20, 2019 11:14 AM
- Jamaican Rose Hudson-Wilkin becomes Church of England’s first black female bishop November 20, 2019 2:17 AM