Share This On:
Police have charged a 16-year-old female in connection with the death of a man in Gros Islet.
According to law enforcement sources, 16-year-old Nadeije Mitchell of Gros Islet was charged for causing the death of 26-year-old Marjele Williams, also known as Marley and Moon Head, of Gros Islet, under section 85b of the Criminal Code of St. Lucia 2013.
She was charged by the Criminal Investigation Department of the Gros Islet Police Station on Sunday, July 14, sources said.
She is expected to appear in court on Wednesday, July 17.
Mitchell is accused of fatally stabbing Williams on Thursday, July 11, 2019, around 9 a.m.
A post-mortem examination conducted later the same day revealed that Williams died from a stab wound to the heart.
It is alleged that William and the 16-year-old female had a prior altercation before he was attacked and stabbed in the chest area. The incident occurred on Marina Street in Gros Islet.
“The suspect walked up to him and stabbed him with a knife which the suspect twisted,” a law enforcement source had told St. Lucia News Online.
“Apparently the suspect and the guy had issues before,” the source added.
- SLP still wants to know: ‘Who is really paying for the horses?’ October 22, 2019 6:06 PM
- Donavan Phillip scores all goals in CCSS 7-1 win over Corinth October 22, 2019 9:49 AM
- Canada election: Justin Trudeau set to remain in power – but with minority government October 22, 2019 9:19 AM
- Saint Lucia’s Antoine Destang breaks 13-year-old swim record in Canada October 22, 2019 8:56 AM
- PM Chastanet, Pacific Islands explore development of SIDS resilience facility October 21, 2019 11:09 PM
- US hospital ship to offer free medical services in Jamaica October 21, 2019 10:55 PM
- Trinidad: Lawsuit filed against Facebook user who named man a “bandit” October 21, 2019 9:29 PM
- New tourist attraction ‘Glittering Sands’ opens in Anse-la-Raye October 21, 2019 9:20 PM
- Saint Lucia-born student wins regional essay writing competition October 21, 2019 8:10 PM