Share This On:
(PRESS RELEASE) – The United Workers Party condemns the recent arson attack on the DSH site in Vieux Fort where a grader was set ablaze.
This action comes as no surprise in light of recent threats made by Dr. Kenny Anthony while speaking at the SLP Conference of Delegates on Sunday 8th October, 2017 at 3.00 p.m. at the Beanfield Comprehensive Secondary School in Vieux Fort Where he promised, “There will be no peace in Vieux Fort South if there is any continuation with DSH.”
The SLP has continually resorted to innuendo and suggestions of “no peace” and unrest in Saint Lucia knowing full well the consequences to Saint Lucia’s image and the actions which they can incite.
In the past Saint Lucia’s former Prime Minister Dr. Kenny Anthony publicly threatened that he would write to foreign investors advising them not invest in our economically challenged island.
Only last year leader of the Opposition Philip J. Pierre wrote to the British government seeking to undermine this UWP government by insisting that the appointment of Guy Mayers as High Commissioner in London to be rejected.
These attempts at sabotage are typical of the SLP, especially when in opposition and shows a dangerous trend which
The United Workers Party calls on all patriotic Saint Lucians to condemn these acts of violence and the destructive utterances which continue to me made by the SLP.
- BREAKING NEWS: Saint Lucia records 19th COVID-19 case
- UWP says Philip J Pierre proves once again he is not fit for leadership
- 92 depart Saint Lucia for employment in Canada’s Farm Worker Programme
- Saint Lucian authorities enforcing strict health protocols in schools
- Vieux Fort couple caught with firearm and ammunition
- Saint Lucia’s chief elections officer heads CARICOM observer mission to St. Kitts-Nevis
- Government removes controversial Tourism Levy Act from order paper
- Saint Lucia receive negative COVID-19 test results for 32 consecutive days
- St. Jude impasse: HR manager to be sent on administrative leave — NWU