Share This On:
(PRESS RELEASE VIA SNO) – The Management of CARILEC, that is the Caribbean Electric Utility Services Corporation and the National Workers Union (NWU) have resolved a recognition matter without holding a secret ballot poll.
The National Workers Union in a letter to the Labour Commissioner dated January 22, 2018 did inform that non-managerial staff employed with the regional corporation had become members of the National Workers Union and consequently the NWU was requesting trade union recognition on behalf of the workers in all matters dealing with their conditions of employment.
The request was officially brought to the company’s attention by the Department of Labour for their consideration. Cletus Bertin (Ph.D.) Executive Director of CARILEC in a letter dated February 21, 2018 informed the Commissioner that his Board of Directors has agreed to recognize the National Workers Union as the exclusive bargaining agent for the said workers.
The NWU is pleased with this pro-representational stance and looks forward to meeting with the employees and indeed Management.
- Three nabbed in connection with Dennery armed robbery October 19, 2019 10:13 PM
- Slain Jamaican guard was planning to bring ‘partner’, relatives to Saint Lucia: sources October 19, 2019 8:16 PM
- Gros Islet man chopped in the neck in stable condition: official October 19, 2019 12:02 PM
- Man shot in Jetrine, Saltibus October 19, 2019 11:45 AM
- Saint Lucians seek Cricket West Indies Level 1 Coaches certification October 19, 2019 9:34 AM
- UPDATE: Jamaican security guard gunned down in Balata October 19, 2019 9:16 AM
- UPDATE: Man found stabbed to death in Vieux Fort identified October 19, 2019 8:43 AM
- BREAKING NEWS: Man found dead in Vieux Fort October 19, 2019 8:08 AM
- Saint Lucia’s Johnson Charles to play in United Arab Emirates T10 October 19, 2019 7:50 AM