Share This On:
(PRESS RELEASE VIA SNO) – The Management of CARILEC, that is the Caribbean Electric Utility Services Corporation and the National Workers Union (NWU) have resolved a recognition matter without holding a secret ballot poll.
The National Workers Union in a letter to the Labour Commissioner dated January 22, 2018 did inform that non-managerial staff employed with the regional corporation had become members of the National Workers Union and consequently the NWU was requesting trade union recognition on behalf of the workers in all matters dealing with their conditions of employment.
The request was officially brought to the company’s attention by the Department of Labour for their consideration. Cletus Bertin (Ph.D.) Executive Director of CARILEC in a letter dated February 21, 2018 informed the Commissioner that his Board of Directors has agreed to recognize the National Workers Union as the exclusive bargaining agent for the said workers.
The NWU is pleased with this pro-representational stance and looks forward to meeting with the employees and indeed Management.
- St. Lucian neurosurgeon performs complex brain surgery at OKEU Hospital
- WHO calls on young people to join tobacco-free generation fight
- Choc Housing Development underway
- St. Lucia public officers called on to volunteer as trainers and facilitators
- Saint Lucia commemorates first Inter-American Day Against Terrorism
- Saint Lucia records 19th COVID-19 case
- UWP says Philip J Pierre proves once again he is not fit for leadership
- 92 depart Saint Lucia for employment in Canada’s Farm Worker Programme
- Saint Lucian authorities enforcing strict health protocols in schools