Share This On:
(PRESS RELEASE) – Industrial negotiations between the Management of UNICOMER St. Lucia Limited and the National Workers Union (NWU) have reached deadlock.
The parties began negotiations months ago. While tremendous strides have been made as evidenced in agreement on some fringe benefits, and that is encouraging, the hitch surrounds general wage increases for employees.
During the talks thus far, the NWU has been consistent and realistic as this is of paramount significance if the parties are to resolve the question of salary increases. The union is of the opinion that the company is now shifting the goalpost and that is not in the interest of completing the negotiations.
The Union is prepared to meet again all in an effort to bring the negotiations to an amicable closure. Should that fail, the company must be held responsible for derailing the process.
- Items found in sea as Dominica plane crash rescue mission continues February 17, 2020 10:37 AM
- BREAKING NEWS UPDATE: Reports of plane crash in Dominica February 16, 2020 8:28 PM
- Conservationists frown on illegal dumping practices near nature site February 14, 2020 2:25 PM
- Dengue rising in the Caribbean says PAHO February 14, 2020 12:50 PM
- Killer asteroid to miss earth by 3.6 million miles on Saturday February 14, 2020 11:42 AM
- Educators trained in using library books to bring classroom lessons to life February 14, 2020 9:39 AM
- Beware fake news and myths about coronavirus, warns tourism health specialists February 13, 2020 12:17 PM
- British airways adds new flights from London to Saint Lucia February 13, 2020 11:36 AM
- Concern over meat and fish imports from China February 13, 2020 10:36 AM