Share This On:
PRESS RELEASE – The Saint Lucia National Commission for UNESCO is pleased to announce a call, by the United Nations Democracy Fund (UNDEF), to civil society organisations in support of grant funding for project proposals that advance and support Democracy.
The UNDEF will support projects that strengthen the voice of civil society, promote human rights, and encourage the participation of civil society organisations in the democratic process.
SELECTION CRITERIA: Project Proposals, which will be subject to a highly rigorous and competitive selection process, should fall under one or more of seven main areas:
• Community Activism
• Rule of Law and Human Rights
• Tools for Knowledge
• Women’s Empowerment
• Youth Engagement
• Media and Freedom of Information
• Strengthening Interaction with Government
AWARD: UNDEP projects are two years long. Applicants can request grants of a minimum of USD100,000.00 and a maximum of USD300,000.00.
Further details and information on the UNDEF Project Grants – including information on the online application process – are available online at: www.un.org/democracyfund/application-materials.
Applications for funding, including Project Proposals must be submitted online between 15th November – 31st December, 2015 at www.un.org/democracyfund.
- Stephenson King sought over outstanding labour matters
- Happy Mother’s Day
- Lisbon PR Awards presents its new jury members
- Over 500 Saint Lucian cruise workers “stuck abroad”: Fedee
- UPDATE: Eight Saint Lucian “Norwegian Spirit” employees return home
- BREAKING NEWS: Saint Lucia has started to bring home nationals; 8 arrived today!
- Universal Church and Youth Power Group respond to COVID-19
- Pierre: “Avoid temper tantrums, find meaningful ways to occupy your time”
- National Meals Program brings together public and private sector partners