Share This On:
(AP) — London police have arrested a man who climbed the front gates of Buckingham Palace while Queen Elizabeth II was in residence.
The Metropolitan Police Service said the 22-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of trespassing early Wednesday by members of its royalty protection unit.
The police department said he was released from custody Thursday while the investigation continues.
Palace officials declined to say whether the queen was told about the incident.
Police say the intruder wasn’t carrying a weapon and his alleged actions weren’t seen as related to any extremist threat.
The suspect hasn’t been charged or identified.
More International News Stories
- Nigeria is trying 47 men arrested in a hotel under its anti-gay laws December 12, 2019
- Santa hacker speaks to girl via smart camera December 12, 2019
- Chile missing plane: Human remains found, governor says December 12, 2019
- Saudi Aramco replaces Apple as world’s largest listed company December 12, 2019
- Chicago prosecutor to vacate 1,000 marijuana convictions December 12, 2019
- Sex criminal sentenced to life throws pitcher, hits judge in head December 12, 2019
- Pakistan protest: Patients die as lawyers ransack Lahore hospital December 12, 2019
- General election 2019: Voters head to polls across the UK December 12, 2019