Share This On:
This eloquent son of St. Lucia was the 1992 Nobel Prize winner in literature, a lifelong teacher of the power of words, and an inspiration to future generations. He made St. Lucia — and the Caribbean as a whole — extremely proud.
His extensive body of work will rest beside the greatest poets and writers of his age, and will continue to captivate readers far into the future. He will be missed but he will never be forgotten.
More Culture/History Stories
- Saint Lucia government to grow new ‘orange economy’ November 7, 2019
- Folk Research Centre gets assistance October 27, 2019
- Prize-giving ceremony for Kwéyòl Poetry Competition on today October 10, 2019
- Saint Lucia participates in Taiwan National Day celebrations October 9, 2019
- Felix: “We will have Jounen Kweyol, Choiseul style” October 7, 2019
- Saint Lucian delegation participates in Taiwan festivals October 2, 2019
- Creole Heritage Month activities officially underway September 29, 2019
- ‘Archives on Parade’ exhibition in May 2019 May 2, 2019