Share This On:
(SNO) — After the first session of the CARIFTA Games, being held at the Truman Bodden Sports Complex in the Cayman Islands, Saint Lucia’s Kimani Alphonse has advanced to the final of the girls under-20 400m.
The final is Saturday evening (April 20) and will be streamed live on the IAAF YouTube channel.
Also in a final this evening will be another Saint Lucian, Tarik Xavier, in the boys under-20 1500m.
REPORT ON OTHER SAINT LUCIANS
CJ Felix will continue in the boys open octathlon as well; he is in ninth place after the morning session, out of 11 athletes.
Missing out on the finals after the morning session was Reuben Nichols, agonizingly close to making the top eight in the boys under-20 400m, but falling short by one place. Miguel Charlery ended 10th in the boys under-20 100m.
Shelton St. Rose was also within reach in the boys under-20 100m, finishing 11th.
Michael Joseph, who has two more years at CARIFTA, was 13th in the boys under-20 400m.
- Saint Lucia negotiates and signs new Bilateral Air Services Agreement December 12, 2019 3:06 PM
- Horse racing event a fraud on the people of St Lucia – SLP December 12, 2019 2:17 PM
- RBC announces sale of Eastern Caribbean banking operations December 12, 2019 9:58 AM
- SSDF signs agreement for Vieux Sucieux Water Supply Expansion Sub- Project December 12, 2019 9:51 AM
- Ministry of Equity implements new initiative to boost CASP ‘Host a Centre Day 2019’ December 12, 2019 9:21 AM
- Forbes features St. Lucian CEO of biotech company on its 30 Under 30 2020 list December 11, 2019 11:37 AM
- Police investigate hanging death of prisoner December 10, 2019 11:14 AM
- Julien Alfred wins big at FastTrack Collegiate Opener December 10, 2019 10:44 AM