Share This On:
In the night’s first encounter, the highly focused Marchand lads handed Vieux Fort north a 3-1 defeat in front of their home crowd. Percius Narcisse striking first for Marchand in the 55th minute, then Haig Flavius scoring for Vieux Fort north in the 63rd bringing the game to 1 all. That equalizer ignited Marchand, who went on to score 2 more goals via the talisman Lincoln Phillip in the 78th and 85th minutes. With that win Marchand will move on to face La Clery.
In the night’s second encounter, in what was a repeat of last year’s fixture where home team Vieux Fort south came up against Castries South, last year Castries South caused a major upset defeating Vieux Fort South. This time around Vieux Fort south was in a no nonsense mood and so much wanted to please their home support.
They thrashed Castries South 4 nil, Antonio Joseph and Jervic Mc Farlane opened the scoring in the 12th and 63rd minute respectively, the other two goals came late in the encounter. Sweet revenge for Vieux Fort south, who might have just relegated Castries South to the playoffs come next year’s tournament. Vieux Fort south now awaits the winner of Micoud versus the SLFA U20.
The tournament continues at the weekend in Soufriere, with the culmination of the first round and the start of the quarter finals.
- After Sammy’s call, Cricket West Indies backs protests over George Floyd’s killing
- West Indies name Test squad for proposed tour of England
- Saint Lucia cricket fans may not see SPL action “anytime before September”
- Daren Sammy and Chris Gayle speak out against racism
- West Indies, England Test schedule confirmed
- CPL submits proposal to stage tournament in Trinidad
- Floyd Mayweather offers to pay for George Floyd funeral costs
- ‘Eager anticipation’ for St Lucia T10 cricket tournament later this month: Henry
- Saint Lucia’s Julien Alfred earns three All-America Honors