Share This On:
(TRINIDAD EXPRESS) — A 21-year-old Arima man is the second person to be charged with murdering 62-year-old Monica Ruiz.
Kent Coutou is due to appear before the Arima Magistrates’ Court today.
Coutou, aka ‘Mark Thomas’, was charged with murder, following advice received from Director of Public Prosecutions Roger Gaspard, SC.
Ruiz, of Sherwood Park, Arima, was last seen at her home around 5p.m. on August 3, 2018. Her body, was later discovered by relatives, bound and gagged.
Several items, including a refrigerator and washing machine, were missing from the victim’s home. An autopsy revealed the cause of death to be suffocation.
Investigations were supervised by ASP (Ag.) Sean Dhilpaul, Insp. Andrew Lawrence and Sgt. Mitra Ramsumair, while charges were laid by PC Andre Lewis, all of HBI Region 2.
Leon Logan 30, a labourer of Five Rivers, Arouca, was previously charged with Ruiz’s murder.
More Trinidad and Tobago News Stories
- Trinidad: Police officer guilty of forging sick-leave certificate November 12, 2019
- Trinidad: Sat Maharaj suffers stroke, in critical condition November 12, 2019
- Tobago remembers war dead November 11, 2019
- Trinidad: Tunapuna man sacrificed life to save pregnant wife November 11, 2019
- Trinidad: St James teen killed for bad company November 11, 2019
- Trinidad: Kamla promises legal ganja November 11, 2019
- Trinidad: Two people killed in shooting outside bar November 10, 2019
- Another Trinidad church holds fashion show November 10, 2019