Share This On:
Two persons have been hospitalised following an accident in the city of Castries Friday morning, November 8, according to law enforcement sources.
Reports are that a motorcycle collided with a minibus at the intersection of Manoel Street and Hospital Road.
Both the motorcyclist, identified as Trevor Mitchel, 29, and the bus driver, identified as Felix John, who is 60+ years old, were transported to Victoria Hospital by Castries ambulance.
Their medical status is not clear.
A video clip of the accident posted on social media shows the motorcyclist lying facedown and motionless on the road as police officers try to protect the accident scene.
A green and black motorcycle is also seen in the video.
The Saint Lucia Fire Service received the call about the accident at 8:56 a.m.
- Prime Minister talks improvements in education January 27, 2020 9:37 AM
- Castries Mayor meets LGBTQ representatives January 27, 2020 9:17 AM
- Kobe Bryant dies in helicopter crash January 26, 2020 6:04 PM
- Ministry of Agriculture promotes green economy January 24, 2020 2:09 PM
- Queens Commonwealth Essay Competition announces winners January 24, 2020 9:52 AM
- Risk of coronavirus in Caribbean ‘low’ says CARPHA January 23, 2020 3:07 PM
- Meeting with US Secretary of State: Saint Lucia and US continue to strengthen ties January 23, 2020 9:00 AM
- Department of Health and Wellness prepares for new strain of coronavirus January 22, 2020 11:38 AM