Share This On:
Two persons have been hospitalised following an accident in the city of Castries Friday morning, November 8, according to law enforcement sources.
Reports are that a motorcycle collided with a minibus at the intersection of Manoel Street and Hospital Road.
Both the motorcyclist, identified as Trevor Mitchel, 29, and the bus driver, identified as Felix John, who is 60+ years old, were transported to Victoria Hospital by Castries ambulance.
Their medical status is not clear.
A video clip of the accident posted on social media shows the motorcyclist lying facedown and motionless on the road as police officers try to protect the accident scene.
A green and black motorcycle is also seen in the video.
The Saint Lucia Fire Service received the call about the accident at 8:56 a.m.
- Two in custody in connection with Mon Repos businessman’s death November 12, 2019 11:08 AM
- Saint Lucia calls up UK-based goalkeeper Lamar Johnson November 12, 2019 10:46 AM
- Tourism ministry spearheads plan to ease traffic congestion in downtown Castries November 12, 2019 10:04 AM
- BREAKING NEWS: Mon Repos businessman succumbs to gunshot wound November 11, 2019 7:35 PM
- Former Saint Lucia top cop Vernon Francois talks about the launch of his digital books November 9, 2019 11:18 PM
- 76-year-old businessman shot in Mon Repos November 9, 2019 9:07 PM
- Gunmen attack, rob bar manager in Jetrine, Saltibus November 9, 2019 6:29 PM
- Entrepot, Sir Ira and Bocage secondary schools to remain closed on Monday November 9, 2019 5:55 PM
- Women who fought with Ciceron Secondary students speak out! November 9, 2019 5:28 PM