Share This On:
(SNO) — Two people are in custody in connection with the shooting death of 49-year-old Syrian national and Rodney Heights resident Souheil Wassouf, HTS is reporting.
The two were taken as persons of interest, days after the brutal execution-style slaying of the businessman in Jacmel/Anse la Raye on February 11, 2019.
No further details were given and no charges have yet been laid against the two.
HTS said a post-mortem was done on February 14 but the details have not yet been released.
Sources told SNO that Wassouf, who was known to drive around the island and sells items from his vehicle, was attacked while in or around his vehicle. His silver Toyota Voxy minivan (a twin of the Toyota Noah) has at least four bullet holes, two in the windscreen and one on the bonnet.
He was found motionless at the back of his vehicle with the driver’s door open and the front-seat passenger window partially shattered, apparently by gunfire. It appears he tried to escape but was cut down at the back of the minivan.
Wassouf, who once operated a store in Castries, is survived by a wife and two children.
- PM Chastanet promises super-rich Saint Lucia citizenship in three months November 18, 2019 11:55 AM
- Guy Joseph shoots down reports of complete St. Jude Hospital demolition November 18, 2019 10:26 AM
- Central Statistical Office launches Census 2020 recruitment drive November 18, 2019 12:16 AM
- Saint Lucia gov’t launches programme to boost local production of 7 key fruits, vegetables November 17, 2019 9:50 PM
- Fuel prices change November 17, 2019 7:00 PM
- Kindergarten registration takes on a new approach November 17, 2019 12:51 PM
- Two in custody in connection with Mon Repos businessman’s death November 12, 2019 11:08 AM
- Saint Lucia calls up UK-based goalkeeper Lamar Johnson November 12, 2019 10:46 AM
- Tourism ministry spearheads plan to ease traffic congestion in downtown Castries November 12, 2019 10:04 AM